“Anne Hathaway” - Illustration by Sam Spratt
She is not an easy gal to paint without her signature smile. Struggled a lot on this one.
I’m going to take a quick break from politics with this post to advertise a podcast – “The Cartoonimation Show.” I co-hosted this weeks episode in which we discuss Adult Swims history in the full. As well as co-hosting, I also created this weeks show art which is listed above. So, if you’re a fan of Adult Swim and are curious to hear the voice behind the Art of the Union keyboard, tou can listen to the podcast here.
Benign Kingdom Dog Painting, Shiba Inu. Ink wash, some photoshop colors.
The last dog portrait from the 2012 Spring Benign Kingdom kickstarter! This contributor requested a shiba inu, which are also coincidentally my favorite dogs. Here’re the first and second dog portraits if you missed them.
The Fall 2012 Benign Kingdom kickstarter is still going for another day! Give it a look-see, this collection is highlighting Emmy, Anthony, Aaron, and Danielle! They will also paint some dogs for you!
This is kind of a 180 after doodling anime earlier, but I’ve been kind of frustrated with the quality of my painting lately. I feel like I’ve been doing better, but it’s not really the caliber of work I’d like to be putting out for fully painted scenes. It’s been an extremely long time since I’ve done any kind of painting study from references, so to remedy that and maybe jump start the habit, I did a couple of my favorite Game of Thrones characters.
The sketches were done freehand, and all colors were picked by hand as well. The only time the eyedropper tool was used was to pick the background colors. I recorded both paintings with Procaster on Livestream, so you can see the references and watch the process for Gendry here (initial sketch) and here (continued work), and the entirety of the Brienne painting here.
The idea behind doing pieces like these is to become better acquainted with realistic lighting, anatomy, color picking, texture rendering, and so on. The more familiar you are with these things in practice, the more intuitively you’re able to implement them in original works!
Hey everyone! It’s time for the
SPRING IS COMING Art Giveaway @ momochanners.tumblr.com!
This is the event I’ve mentioned before that’s open to everyone worldwide, as thanks to followers and regular readers of my tumblr of art and stuff.This giveaway ends on February 28th.
What’s the goods?
I will be giving away 6 original hand-painted watercolor artworks of Merrill, Fenris, Isabela, Anders, Sebastian, and Varric & Aveline, as shown in the photoset above, to six people. They are all painted on 5”x7” The Langton Hot Press Acid-Free Watercolor Paper with Daler-Rowney and Winsor & Newton Artist Watercolors, and the composition of each piece makes them suitable for framing.
- You must be a Tumblr user; This is because the winners’ mailing info will be obtained through Asks, so please make sure it is open when the giveaway ends.
- To be entered in the giveaway, you’ll need to at least like or reblog this post to qualify. You can reblog more than once to increase your chances, but with moderation please for your followers’ sakes. While following me is not necessary to qualify, it is appreciated ;)
- On February 28th midnight (UTC +08.00, Kuala Lumpur), I will announce the names of the 6 winners which will be randomly selected from this post’s list using an online number randomizer. Each will win an artwork in the order of Merrill, Fenris, Isabela, Anders, Sebastian, and Varric & Aveline.
- In the event that a winner does not respond to my Ask within 24 hours of sending, the prize will go to another random name from the list.
- Artworks will be sent at my expense through Registered Air Mail (by proxy contacts for winners in the very few countries not serviced by Malaysian Post). However please understand that I cannot be responsible for any mail that is lost in transit.
Ok, I think that about covers it! Thank you for visiting/reading this Tumblr, and for participating in this giveaway.